Water Trails & Paddling
Water Trails Resolution of Support
City and County Resolutions of Support
Signed Resolutions of Support in Georgia
Alapaha River Water Trail
Broad River Water Trail
Etowah River Water Trail
Flint River Water Trail (Includes: Whitewater Creek Paddling Trail)
Georgia’s Little River Water Trail
Ochlockonee River Water Trail
Ocmulgee River Water Trail
Upper Oconee Water Trail
Satilla River Water Trail
South River Water Trail
Tugaloo River Water Trail
Yellow River Water Trail
Withlacoochee & Little River Water Trail
- Community Support Presentations
- Chattahoochee Whitewater Park, Conception to Completion – John Turner, WC Bradley Co.
- ‘Partners Mean Progress: Etowah River Canoe Trail’– Matthew Pate, Forsyth County Parks and Rec
- ‘Understanding Private Property Issues and Working with your Community to Avoid Conflict’– Dan MacIntyre, Page Perry LLC
Statewide Resolution of Support
Statewide Water Trail Resolution of Support Passes Unanimously!
House Resolution 281, assigned to the Natural Resources & Environment Committee, passed unanimously on March 9, 2017. This Statewide Water Trails Resolution of support recognized and encourages the proliferation and use of water trails in Georgia and for other purposes.
HR 281 also “recognizes Georgia River Network and their water trail partners for their dedicated public service to the State of Georgia and encourage the exploration of existing water trails and the development of future water trails around the state.”
Georgia River Network would like to give special thanks to the following congressmen for sponsoring HR 281:
- Representative Spencer Frye
- Representative Lynn Smith, Chairman of Natural Resources & Environment Committee
- Representative Tom McCall, Chairman of Agriculture & Consumer Affairs Committee
- Representative David Knight, Chairman of Games, Fish & Parks Committee
- Representative Chuck Williams, Agriculture & Consumer Affairs Committee
- Representative Debbie Buckner, Natural Resources & Environment Committee
Water trail partnerships throughout Georgia can receive an appropriate copy of this Resolution suitable for framing and distributing on social media, etc. by request from the Clerk of the House (404) 656-5015 or online at https://legis.ga.gov.