Water Trails & Paddling
- Create a Water Trail Logo and Mascot for your Trail
- Create a user friendly website for your trail
- Include the GA Water Trail Logo on your signage, maps, website, and marketing material (must receive permission to use the GA Water Trail logo afrom Georgia River Network).
- Create and maintain a relationship with your local visitor information centers and regional tourism representative.
- Offer a Virtual Tour on your trails website:
New York example
South Carolina example
- Host paddling events and festivals to promote your trail
- Offer educational events https://www.georgiaadoptastream.org
Cheryl Smith from Georgia Tourism Division offered some advice at our Weekend for Rivers, she presented on Marketing Your Water Trail.
If you are interested in promoting your paddling trip/event on Georgia’s official Tourism website, www.ExploreGeorgia.org contact Cheryl Smith with the Georgia Tourism Division. She will send you instructions on how to create an account and then how to post your event. It’s free and they promote their events through a weekly e-newsletter that goes out to over 15,000 people interested in getting news and info on Georgia Tourism. She also has a list of other sites to post your event/paddling trip online. Her email is email@example.com.