Water Trails & Paddling
Welcome to the Water Trails website. Here you can find information about the Georgia Water Trails Network (existing and developing water trails) and the Georgia Water Trail Program. If your area doesn’t have a trail, look into receiving Georgia River Network’s intensive technical assistance.
What is a Water Trail?
- Water equivalent of a hiking trail.
- Blueways, canoe trails, and paddle trails are all water trails.
- It has access points along the river, like trailheads, for putting boats in the water or taking them out.
- Suitable for day-trips in canoes, kayaks, SUPs
- Water trails can be various lengths and are used by paddlers, anglers, hikers and picnickers of all ages and ability.
- Water trails have many benefits for relatively little investment.
Watch this Two Nine productions Video
to Learn More: