PADDLE GEORGIA 2022 REGISTRATION
PADDLE GEORGIA 2022
June 19-25, 2022
Registration for Paddle Georgia 2022 on the Flint River will open February 2022. Hopefully, by then the COVID-19 pandemic will be under control and we can get back to river fun in large groups!
Until then, please check out our Paddle Georgia 2021 river adventures.
To add yourself to the email list for information about Paddle Georgia, click below:
PADDLE GEORGIA Registration 2022 Information
REGISTRATION OPENS IN EARLY FEBRUARY AND CLOSES MAY 31, 2022
Expected Thru-Paddler 2022 Registration Fees:
$230 Children (8-17)
$30 Children (7 & under)
ACA Member Discount
If you are an American Canoe Association** member you may present your ACA card during registration on June 19 and 20 to receive a $5 rebate on your registration fee. To become an ACA member visit www.americancanoe.org. A year’s membership in Georgia River Network is included in all registration fees.
* If requested, registration fees will be refunded to all paddlers who generate more than $850 in Canoe-A-Thon pledges to support river protection in Georgia. Prizes will be awarded to participants generating the most Canoe-A-Thon pledges, and the top fundraisers will receive priority registration status for Paddle Georgia 2022. Click here to read more about Canoe-A-Thon and to download a Canoe-A-Thon Pledge sheet.
$250 includes breakfast and lunch for seven days and dinner for eight days, including Kick Off Day Feast and Journey’s End Feast. Participants may also select their meals by type during registration.
Expect hot and hearty fare with vegetarian options for breakfast and dinner. Sack lunches include sandwiches (several choices each day), chips, fruit and dessert. All participants will choose their lunch sandwiches via the Paddle Georgia registration forms.
Coffee and breakfast tea are not included. Paddle Georgia sponsor Cafe Campesino will accompany the trip, providing coffee, teas and other treats in the morning and evening for additional fees.
Once You Have Registered:
1. In April, you will receive via e-mail (unless regular mail is requested) a packet of essential trip information including information about shuttle services, meals, campsites, and a liability waiver form. This packet will also be posted on the Paddle GA Home Page. Be sure to sign your waivers:
Remember, once you have submitted your online waiver, you will receive an e-mail. You must respond to that e-mail to complete the waiver filing process!
2. Start raising money for Canoe-A-Thon. Get started by visiting First Giving.
Paddle Georgia Policies:
For your safety and the safety of others.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- All participants must attend the pre-launch safety briefing. Participants must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Participants must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device at all times on the river.
- Participants under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All participants must sign a Medical and Emergency Contact Information sheet and a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. (These forms will be sent in the info. packet.)
- Person-powered watercraft only.
- All participants must respect private property along the river.
- All participants must have basic paddling skills and be capable of self-rescue in the water.
- No more than 2 children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Georgia River Network is not responsible for any personal property that may be lost, damaged, or stolen during the trip.
- All participants, especially small children, must have a designated seat in the vessel in which they are traveling.
- No firearms are permitted on the trip.
Code of Conduct
At Georgia River Network, we like to think of our river adventure participants as our “river family.” We come from many different backgrounds, but the river is the great equalizer and our common bond. We want all participants to treat one another as family.
- Be respectful of all participants, including their property, their person and their personal views. On our river adventures you will paddle, eat and camp with people that are very different from you. Please respect and celebrate those differences.
- Be helpful. If you see someone that needs a hand in camp or on the river, please lend yours.
- Be courteous. Be prepared to wait in lines for restrooms, shuttle buses, meals and more. Remember, we are all in the same boat; only by working together can we get everyone safely down the river.
- Do not use inappropriate language. This is a family event with participants of all ages.
- Do not verbally or physically intimidate or abuse other participants.
- Do not become intoxicated or under the influence of mind-altering drugs.
- Do not violate quiet hours by engaging in loud talk and disruptive behavior between 10 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Violations of these policies can result in the participant being removed from the event without refund.
Changes can be made to Kick Off and Campsite to Campsite shuttles, meals, and merchandise through May 31. Any registration cancellations made prior to June 1, will incur a 10% processing fee. As of June 1, no refunds will be granted.
I have made once a year friends that I enjoy seeing every June!