PADDLE GEORGIA 2019 REGISTRATION
PADDLE GEORGIA 2019
Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers
June 15-21, 2019
Registration starts in January
To add yourself to the email list for information about Paddle Georgia, click below:
PADDLE GEORGIA Registration 2018 Information
REGISTRATION CLOSES MAY 31
Priority Registration: DATE TBA
Priority registration is for those participants who raised $300 or more in Canoe-A-Thon donations in 2017.
Regular Registration: DATE TBA
Following priority registration the remaining spaces will be available until sold out.
If you have trouble with the registration form, contact Joe Cook at email@example.com.
Thru-Paddler 2018 Registration Fees:
$230 Children (8-17)
$30 Children (7 & under)
PADDLE GEORGIA LITE 2018 Information
(June 16-17 or June 21-22)
Paddle Georgia Lite is our abbreviated trip for just the first two days (June 16-17) or the last two days (June 21-22) of Paddle Georgia. Up to 50 Paddle Lite spaces will be available for each option, but more spaces may be available depending on the number of registered thru-paddlers.
Lite-Paddler 2018 Registration Fees:
$70 Children (8-17)
$15 Children (7 & under)
ACA Member Discount
If you are an American Canoe Association** member you may present your ACA card during registration on June 15 or 16 to receive a $5 rebate on your registration fee. To become an ACA member visit www.americancanoe.org. A year’s membership in Georgia River Network is included in all registration fees.
* If requested, registration fees will be refunded to all paddlers who generate more than $850 in Canoe-A-Thon pledges to support river protection in Georgia. Prizes will be awarded to participants generating the most Canoe-A-Thon pledges, and the top fundraisers will receive priority registration status for Paddle Georgia 2019. Click here to read more about Canoe-A-Thon and to download a Canoe-A-Thon Pledge sheet.
$227.75 includes breakfast, lunch and dinner for seven days including Kick Off Day Feast and Journey’s End Feast. Participants may also select their meals by type during registration.
Dinners and sack lunches will be catered by Satterfield’s in Macon. Expect hearty fare with vegetarian options. Sack lunches include sandwiches (several choices each day), chips, fruit and dessert. All participants will choose their luncheon sandwiches via the Paddle Georgia registration forms. Breaksfasts will be provided by local school groups.
**One night, participants will “eat on their own” at local restaurants. The price of this meal is not included in the meal package. Coffee and breakfast tea are not included. Paddle Georgia sponsor Cafe Campesino will accompany the trip, and coffee and breakfast tea can be purchased at the event or “unlimited morning coffee” bracelets can be purchased when you register.
Once You Have Registered:
1. In April, you will receive via e-mail (unless regular mail is requested) a packet of essential trip information including information about shuttle services, meals, campsites, and a liability waiver form. This packet will also be posted on the Paddle GA Home Page. Be sure to sign your waivers:
2. Start raising money for Canoe-A-Thon. Get started by visiting First Giving.
Paddle Georgia Policies:
For your safety and the safety of others.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- All participants must attend the pre-launch safety briefing. Participants must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Participants must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device at all times on the river.
- Participants under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All participants must sign a Medical and Emergency Contact Information sheet and a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. (These forms will be sent in the info. packet.)
- Person-powered watercraft only.
- All participants must respect private property along the river.
- All participants must have basic paddling skills and be capable of self-rescue in the water.
- No more than 2 children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Georgia River Network is not responsible for any personal property that may be lost, damaged, or stolen during the trip.
- No firearms are permitted on the trip.
Violations of these policies can result in the participant being removed from the event without refund.
Changes can be made to Kick Off and Trip’s End shuttle, meals, and merchandise through May 31. Any registration cancellations made prior to June 1, will incur a 10% processing fee. As of June 1, no refunds will be granted.
I have made once a year friends that I enjoy seeing every June!~ Laurel Sybilrud