In celebration of Georgia River Network’s 25th year of paddling and protecting Georgia’s rivers, we’re taking our annaul peer-to-peer fundraising competition to a new level in 2023. Participants will compete not just to see who can raise the most money for river protection and water trail development, but who can…paddle the most miles, remove the most trash and even paddle the most miles with their pet! More than $8000 in gift certificates, merchandise and services from our Paddle Georgia sponsors will be awarded in the competition that runs from Jan. 1 to Sept. 6. Winners will be announced in October. You must register and pay the $35 registration fee to be eligible for prizes.
The Paddle-A-Thon works just like a walk-a-thon. Ask prospective donors to sponsor you at a specific amount or at a specific amount for each mile that you paddle on your own and/or during Georgia River Network events. How many miles will you paddle in 2023?
Paddle Georgia 2023 Paddle-A-Thon Prizes!
Prizes totaling more than $8000 will be awarded in more than a dozen categories, encompassing both individual and team competitions!
Most Money Raised (Individual): The top fundraiser has their choice of the following prizes followed by the runners up until all prizes are claimed. We expect to provide prizes for at least the top ten individual fundraisers.
- Cedar Creek Outdoor Center ($1000 gift certificate)
- Cedar Creek Outdoor Center ($750 gift certificate)
- Wildwater Rafting Chattooga River Rafting Trip (Section III) for 3 ($390)
- Southeast Adventure Outfitters St. Simons Island Sea Kayak Tour for 2 w/ t-shirts ($250)
- The Hike Inn One Night Stay for 2 ($200)
- Patagonia Black Hole 55L Duffel Bag ($170)
- Patagonia Atom Sling Pack and Airshed Cap ($110)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Pack–Field and Stream 10L Dry Bag, Black Diamond Head Lamp, Astoblue Microfiber towel ($60)
- Blue Sky Outfitter in Rome, GA ($50 gift certificate)
Most Individual Donations: Cedar Creek Outdoor Center ($250 gift certificate)
Most Miles Paddled: Cedar Creek Outdoor Center ($500 gift certificate)
Most Miles Paddled with Your Pet: Nestle-Purina ($250 gift certifcate)
Most Trash Collected During Paddle Trips: Public Lands ($500 gift certificate)
Strangest Piece of Trash Collected During Paddle Trips: Public Lands ($250 gift certificate)
Most Miles Paddled Associated with a Georgia State Park: Georgia State Parks 2-Night Cottage Getaway at one of Georgia’s State Parks ($400-$600 value).
Most Miles Paddled on Water Trails Featured on the Georgia River Guide App: Oconee Outfitters ($200 gift certificate and 2 complimentary registrations for Full Moon Paddle on Oconee River–$90 value)
Most Paddle Trips: REI Trailmade 2 Tent ($179)
TEAM PRIZES: Paddle-A-Thoners can form teams of up to 10 people and compete for the following prizes.
Most Money Raised: A paddle trip and dinner party for up to 25 people courtesy of Georgia River Network.
Most Individual Donations: Classic Whitewater rafting trip for up to 10 people courtesy of Whitewater Express in Columbus, GA
Most Miles Paddled: Prize Announced Soon!
How to Get Your Paddle-A-Thon Started
We have made it easier than ever to solicit donations from friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and, yes, even strangers by signing-up for our online peer-to-peer fundraising tool.
Option 1 – Raise Funds Online:
- CLICK HERE to register, pay $35 registration fee and set up an online fundraising page.
- Then click on the Get Started tab to see links to registration page and to set up your online fundraising page.
- Create your account/page by completing all instructions.
- Make your first gift (to yourself) to see dollars in your account (or ask your biggest supporter to make your first donation now)
- Email everyone you know, pass the word in-person, make phone calls and direct everyone to your Paddle-A-Thon page to contribute online
- Watch the dollars roll in!
- Email Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-409-0128 if you have any questions about your page or need help
Option 2-Facebook Fundraiser:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/
- Select “Raise Money for a Non-Profit” then select Georgia River Network
- Follow remaining steps and begin!
Paddle-A-Thon Georgia River Network Swag: Everyone who registers for the Paddle-A-Thon recieves a special edition Georgia River Network bandana. Raise at least $250 and you’ll receive a 3L Georgia River Network dry bag. Raise at least $500 and you’ll receive the dry bag and a Georgia River Network canvas cap and at the $1000 level you’ll receive the dry bag, cap and your choice of one of six Georgia River Network River User’s guides!
Paddle Georgia Registration Discount: When you pay your $35 Paddle-A-Thon registration fee, you’ll receive a coupon to save $20 on your next Paddle Georgia paddle trip registration fee.
Priority Registration for Paddle Georgia 2024: The top 250 Paddle-A-Thon fundraisers who raise at least $300 will be eligible to register for Paddle Georgia 2024 during a special priority registration period before registration opens to the general public. Registration begins in Feb. 2024.
Registration Fees Refunded: Participants who raise more than $925 may choose to have their Paddle Georgia 2023 registration fees (thru-paddler or lite paddler) reimbursed. Refunds apply to registration fees only, not meals and other associated fees.
A Warm Feeling: That warm feeling in your belly as you raise hundreds for river protection and water trail development…it’s priceless.