PADDLE GEORGIA INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
PADDLE GEORGIA 2019
Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers
June 15-21, 2019
The full information packet with details about the trip will be posted here in April.
ACA Member Discount
If you are an American Canoe Association** member you may present your ACA card during registration to receive a $5 rebate on your registration fee. To become an ACA member visit www.americancanoe.org. A year’s membership in Georgia River Network is included in all registration fees.
* If requested, registration fees will be refunded to all paddlers who generate more than $850 in Canoe-A-Thon pledges to support river protection in Georgia. Prizes will be awarded to participants generating the most Canoe-A-Thon pledges, and the top fundraisers will receive priority registration status for Paddle Georgia 2019. Click here to read more about Canoe-A-Thon and to download a Canoe-A-Thon Pledge sheet.
Once You Have Registered:
1. In April, you will receive via e-mail (unless regular mail is requested) a packet of essential trip information including information about shuttle services, meals, campsites, and a liability waiver form. This packet will also be posted on the Paddle GA Home Page. Be sure to sign your waivers:
2. Start raising money for Canoe-A-Thon. Get started by visiting First Giving.
Paddle Georgia Policies:
For your safety and the safety of others.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- All participants must attend the pre-launch safety briefing. Participants must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Participants must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device at all times on the river.
- Participants under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All participants must sign a Medical and Emergency Contact Information sheet and a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. (These forms will be sent in the info. packet.)
- Person-powered watercraft only.
- All participants must respect private property along the river.
- All participants must have basic paddling skills and be capable of self-rescue in the water.
- No more than 2 children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Georgia River Network is not responsible for any personal property that may be lost, damaged, or stolen during the trip.
- No firearms are permitted on the trip.
Violations of these policies can result in the participant being removed from the event without refund.
Changes can be made to Kick Off and Trip’s End shuttle, meals, and merchandise through May 31. Any registration cancellations made prior to June 1, will incur a 10% processing fee. As of June 1, no refunds will be granted.
I have made once a year friends that I enjoy seeing every June!
126 South Milledge Avenue, Suite E3, Athens, Georgia 30605 | (706) 549-4508 (phone) | firstname.lastname@example.org