PADDLE GEORGIA 2022
PADDLE GEORGIA 2022 CANOE-A-THON
Paddle Georgia, as we’ve known it in the past, is not happening in 2022, BUT 15 small-group COVID-safe journeys are…and so is the Paddle Georgia Canoe-a-thon!
Paddle Georgia’s Canoe-A-Thon raises critical funds that allow Georgia River Network to work for clean, healthy rivers and a robust Georgia water trail network. Each participant is asked to solicit donations on a per-mile basis. Canoe-A-thoners compete for gifts and prizes and can become eligible for priority registration for the next Paddle Georgia trip.
The Canoe-A-Thon works just like a walk-a-thon. Ask prospective donors to sponsor you at a specific amount for each of the miles you’ll be paddling during Georgia River Network’s Paddle Georgia 2022 river adventures. The money you raise goes to support Georgia River Network’s efforts to…
- Engage people in enjoying and protecting their rivers
- Support more than 30 local river protection groups across the state with financial grants, training and professional assistance
- Influence state legislators and decision makers to establish policies that protect our rivers
Paddle Georgia Canoe-A-Thon grants have been used by local river protection groups to:
- Build new canoe and kayak launches
- Establish water trails and install information kiosks at river access points
- Conduct water monitoring to identify pollution problems
- Eliminate pollution problems
Paddle Georgia Canoe-A-Thon Prizes!
Help Georgia’s rivers and win great prizes while you’re doing it! 2022 prizes will be listed as they are secured. This is what we’ve secured so far!
- Cedar Creek Outdoor Center kayak ($1000 gift certificate for the boat of your choice)
- Patagonia clothing and gear
- The Hike Inn (gift certificate for a one night stay at the mountain lodge)
How to Get Your Canoe-A-Thon Started
We have made it easier than ever to solicit donations from friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and, yes, even strangers by signing-up for our online peer-to-peer fundraising tool.
Option 1 – Raise Funds Online:
- CLICK HERE to set up an online fundraising page.
- Then click on the Start a Fundraiser button to set up your page and account.
- Create your account/page by completing all instructions.
- Make your first gift (to yourself) to see dollars in your account (or ask your biggest supporter to make your first donation now)
- Email everyone you know, pass the word in-person, make phone calls and direct everyone to your Canoe-A-Thon page to contribute online
- Watch the dollars roll in!
- Email Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-409-0128 if you have any questions about your page or need help
Option 2-Facebook Fundraiser:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/
- Select “Raise Money for a Non-Profit” then select Georgia River Network
- Follow remaining steps and begin!
Priority Registration Rules and Policies
The top 250 Canoe-A-Thon fundraisers who raise at least $300 will be eligible to register for Paddle Georgia 2023 during a special priority registration period before regular open registration begins in Feb. 2023. For families, $300 must be raised per adult for priority registration.
The 2022 Canoe-A-Thon starts Dec. 15 and will go through Nov. 13, 2022.
If you choose, you can contribute to your own Canoe-A-Thon.
By participating in the Canoe-A-Thon, you help us accomplish two important goals of Paddle Georgia–introducing more people to our beautiful rivers and raising more money to protect these precious resources.
Virtual Paddler Canoe-A-Thon Participants
For those of you who cannot directly participate in Paddle Georgia but still want to support the event and Georgia River Network and the local watershed group, you can still participate in Canoe-A-Thon by being a virtual paddler. Just set up your Canoe-A-Thon page the same way and tell people you will be with the other paddlers in spirit.
126 South Milledge Avenue, Suite E3, Athens, Georgia 30605 | (706) 549-4508 (phone) | email@example.com