This is a full day class to introduce you to the skills, hazards and fun to be had on class I rivers!
By the end of the day you will feel more in control of your boat, know how to paddle all day without wearing out your arm muscles, have some tips and tricks for reading the river and avoiding hazards, and be more confident about exploring class I rivers with your friends and family.
- Basic paddle strokes and boat control
- Introduction to river reading and hazard identification
- Moving water skills like edging, ferrying, and peel outs
- Legally, what’s required in a non-motorized craft
- An introduction to gear, trip planning and prevention
- Introduction to hazards plus some tips and tricks for boat control in dicey situations