The Paddle Georgia
expecting this to be our best journey yet, so loosen up those muscles,
ready the dry bags and get ready to shove off! BUT FIRST…go
out and raise some money for Georgia River Network (GRN),and Flint
Riverkeeper through the Paddle Georgia Canoe-a-thon!
Be Eligible for Paddle Georgia 2014 PRIORITY REGISTRATION
Canoe-A-Thon 2013 participants will
be eligible for a very
special reward for helping us accomplish two important
goals of Paddle Georgia--introducing more people to our beautiful
rivers and raising more money to protect these precious resources.
Canoe-A-Thon 2013 participants who raise at least $200* will
be eligible to register for Paddle Georgia 2014 during a
special PRIORITY REGISTRATION period before regular open
registration begins in Feb. 2014 for Paddle Georgia 2014 – our
10 Year Anniversary Trip and return to the Chattahoochee
River where it all began. Read
the rules for the priority registration here. Paddle
Georgia participants who raise at least $550 are eligible
to have their registration fee reimbursed.
Georgia Canoe-a-thon Prizes!
Help Georgia's rivers and win great prizes while you're doing
Dagger Zydeco 9 OR a $400 store credit for any regularly priced boat from The Outside World
-Paddle Trip on the Chestatee River for four
-Yellow Sunrise Paddle from Bending Branches
-Tickets for the Braves vs. Cincinnati Reds on Saturday, July 13
-Friends of Georgia State Parks Family Membership which includes two
Annual Park Passes, two free rounds of golf or two free nights of camping,
-Tek Towel, Wilderness Wash, Stuff Sack, Clothesline, Dry Sacks, and
a Delta Spork from Sea to Summit
-Chattahoochee Nature Center Membership
-Tickets to The Buddy Holly Story at the Fox Theater
-Canvas Bag from Patagonia
-Copy of Peachtree Creek by David Kaufman and the UGA Press
We have made it easier than ever to solicit donations from friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and, yes, even strangers by signing-up for First Giving, an online service for event-based fundraising. Here’s how it works:
Option 1 - Raise Funds
Online (of course, the best option):
1. Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/garivers/paddle-georgia-2013
2. Click on Join Now to set-up your account.
3. Create your account by completing all the screens.
4. Complete your very own fundraising page for Paddle Georgia Canoe-a-thon, complete with pictures. (Make sure you use jpg or gif files.)
5. Use the special features of your First Giving account to add photos, You Tube videos, link to Flickr or Facebook, or email all your friends.
6. Make your first gift (to yourself) to see dollars in
your account (or ask your biggest supporter to make your first
7. Email everyone you know, pass the word in-person, make phone
calls and direct everyone to your Canoeathon page to contribute
8. Watch the dollars roll in!
9. Email Davin at email@example.com or
call 706-549-4508 if you have any questions about First Giving
or need help.
10. For those folks who prefer the old way, go to option 2, but keep us posted on your fundraising activities.
Option 2 - Raise Funds Offline:
out the Pledge Form(PDF) or use the pledge form
sent to you with your registration packet.
2. Solicit donations on a per-mile basis. For instance, a $1 pledge would equal a $106 donation!
3. Collect money at the time of solicitation.
4. Mail checks in to Georgia River Network as you receive them
or turn your treasure trove in to us when you arrive at Paddle Georgia
Prizes will be awarded to those participants generating the most money. Winners will be announced during the week of Paddle Georgia.
Virtual Paddler Canoe-A-Thon Participants
For those who cannot directly participate in Paddle Georgia, but
still want to support the event and Georgia River Network and Flint
Riverkeeper they can still participate in Canoe-A-Thon by being
a virtual paddler. You can set up your canoeathon page the same
way and tell people you will be with the other paddlers in spirit.
Click Here for Tips on How
to Raise Money for Canoeathon